Join now - be part of our community!

KDL 42W829B Compatibilty issues VuTV and TV Player

profile.country.GB.title
chrisbrowe

KDL 42W829B Compatibilty issues VuTV and TV Player

Another one to be passed on to the engineers

When will the 2014 Bravia models support @VuTV and @TVPlayer on Freeview channels 238 and 241 respectively?

Can Sony UK please liase with the providers and get compatibility quickly. Many new IPTV delivered channels are being excluded from access because of this matter.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im going to ask you for more information on this one.  This is because that all FreeviewHD (DVB-T2) devices from April 1 2011 must be compliant with the D.Book standard for IPTV.

I have just been to VuTV and is says the following:

"Sony are currently conducting extensive tests and expect to confirm which of their Freeview HD TVs are compatible with the VuTV service later this year."

I'm not at home to confirm, but my 2013 W8 TV, I believe it works - so it stands to reason that the 2014 should too?

Can you please tell me what message comes up when you go to these channels?  And anything else that may be relevant?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
chrisbrowe

Both services .....

Unfortunately, your Freeview HD TV or box does not currently support TV Player/VuTV, but may do so in the future

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

Im just wondering if TVPlayer/VuTV has blocked certain models - until confirmation...

I'll see if I can find some info anyhow.  Ill post back when I do.

Cheers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just got home from being away for a few days, and can confirm that these also do not work on my 2013 (KDL-42W807A) TV - I thought it did.  I have asked the question and am awaiting a response now.

Cheers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chrisbrowe 

I have had an answer fron Sony in regards to this.

"

[Sony televisions are fully compliant with the Freeview TML and while it  currently does not support the VuTV application Sony together with VuTV is working to resolve the issue.

Please bear with us while we investigate this matter and in the interim we hope you’ll enjoy the wide range of alternative VOD services that can be enjoyed on your KDL-42W829. ]

"

This answer also applied to TVPlayer.  Unfortunately it is now a waiting game to when the Sony TVs will be enabled.  I have no ETA at this moment in time.

Cheers