Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-46EX723 MP3 playback in mono only

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
beebaakid
Explorer

KDL-46EX723 MP3 playback in mono only

Hello, I have a KDL-46EX723 which has started playing MP3s off my stick in mono, both speakers are playing the same channel of music, I have tried everything, I use the TV as my Hi-Fi so this is doing my head in, anyone got any ideas, cheers Mark.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It was worth a shot anyhow :slight_smile:

I guess before you determine that its a TV fault, you might want to do a little testing.  Try using other "stereo" audio sources, such as:

• DVD/Bluray in stereo mode
  • Other types of audio files (mp3), See HERE or google for more

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I dont suppose you set the Dual Sound to Mono instead of stereo by any chance?

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/iManuals/eng/EX72x/st_dsound_europe_chk_gafs.html

If thats not it, did it work before?

Cheers

beebaakid
Explorer

thank you for the reply, in dual sound I only have options for stereo ,A and B, and it on stereo, I hope I would have noticed by now if the sound had been like this all along, as when playing music you only get one channel coming out of both speakers, I'm hoping its a software thing, but it is still under warranty, cheers Mark.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It was worth a shot anyhow :slight_smile:

I guess before you determine that its a TV fault, you might want to do a little testing.  Try using other "stereo" audio sources, such as:

• DVD/Bluray in stereo mode
  • Other types of audio files (mp3), See HERE or google for more

Cheers

beebaakid
Explorer

Thank you for your link, it has been helpful. The pan Mp3 plays in stereo from the TV. So my TV is OK thank god.

So I have a Led Zep files (downloaded, I do have the CD but could be bothered ripping it, Infact I might give that a go next) where it plays perfectly on my laptop, and on my Blu-Ray player but from a stick plugged in my TV is missing the guitar solo in the left channel, thank you for your help, I'll have to do some more investigating, cheers Mark.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No problems - Good luck with everything. :four_leaf_clover: