Join now - be part of our community!

Kdl-46nx723 Stand by problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
quik_silver_0707
Visitor

Kdl-46nx723 Stand by problem

Hi, new to this website but hoping I can get some help please. Brought the kdl-46nx723 in January this year with no problems at all but the past 2 weeks I have noticed a couple problems. Because the stand by light is permantly on it only takes the on button on the remote to turn the tv on but lately it sometimes turns on but straight away clicks back off onto stand by. I will then have to press the remote again to turn it on, never had a problem second time around, always stays on. The second problem is sometimes now when I press the remote to turn the tv on the tv try's turning on but then just turns completely of and even the stand by light disappears and it takes me to unplug the socket from the wall and then put it back in to get the stand by light back. Any help would be greatly appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
Bravia55HX

Hi,

an odd one!, may i suggest you try first of all change batteries in the remote for fresh ones, random i know but sometimes thats all it is, if the problem persists then while its still under warranty either speak to your dealer or contact your local Sony authorised repair centre for further advice.

quik_silver_0707
Visitor

HI, thank you for your reply. I will try changing the batteries and see how it goes, else I'll call comet for a replacement I suppose. Your right it's such a strange problem to occur