Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-46W905A Apps not there

SOLVED
matpicka
New

KDL-46W905A Apps not there

Hi - I have recently bought the above TV and it is great.

I am having trouble however getting the iPlayer, Netfix etc apps to appear on the menu and the Facebook & Twitter apps both say check network settings, but internet is working fine.

SEN apps (Music Unlimited etc) work okay as does YouTube.

I have gone into network settingson TV menu and refreshed content multiple times.

I only have my Sky HD box connected via HDMI as do not have a TV aerial or a spare satellite lead to use the in built tuner(s) - will that be something that 'turns on' these apps?

I am with Orange (Old Wanadoo account) for my broadband, have it tried both LAN wired or wifi, and all these services work on PS3, internet, iPhone, iPad etc.

Any advice / assistance greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I believe that you are having problems with the TV locatating UK as its region in the network settings (ip address).  This is probably why YouTube works, but iPlayer and Netflix etc dont. 

What you need to do, is check that the IP address you are using is a UK specific one.  If you go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/  and then click [Additional IP Details].  It should tell you your Geo-location.  If it is not pointing to United Kingdom, try rebooting your router and see if it obtains a UK IP Address.  You may need to contact your ISP for troubleshooting.

If have got a UK IP address, you may need to check your DNS settings on the TV and router.

Hope that assists - or at least helps in pointing your in the right direction.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I believe that you are having problems with the TV locatating UK as its region in the network settings (ip address).  This is probably why YouTube works, but iPlayer and Netflix etc dont. 

What you need to do, is check that the IP address you are using is a UK specific one.  If you go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/  and then click [Additional IP Details].  It should tell you your Geo-location.  If it is not pointing to United Kingdom, try rebooting your router and see if it obtains a UK IP Address.  You may need to contact your ISP for troubleshooting.

If have got a UK IP address, you may need to check your DNS settings on the TV and router.

Hope that assists - or at least helps in pointing your in the right direction.

profile.country.en_GB.title
gofrost

This happens with my 55w9 as well what usually happens is that you get asked if you want to update internet content and then the apps appear after a couple of minutes, this has happened several times. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gofrost wrote:

This happens with my 55w9 as well what usually happens is that you get asked if you want to update internet content and then the apps appear after a couple of minutes, this has happened several times. 

Thats handy to know :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
gofrost

Hi there yes this seems to happen on regular basis with not even youtube working and even going to history to try and open the app from there all you get is the message that there is a server problem,3 times now i've had to do a factory reset to force the content to appear

hounddog1
New

Hi just bought a xperia z to link upto my bravia tvs (both under 3 years old) I have managed to throw the sony apps ( wot u have tovpay for) & get them working on my tv but unable to throw netflix or Google play can anyone tell me why?? a little Fed up with sony especially as I hav read that they now have shares in netflix?? Also can anyone explain why I cannot use my itunes
On xperia tablet feeling slightly ripped off :((