Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-47W805 lost network connected devices

SOLVED

KDL-47W805 lost network connected devices

Hi Last night I was watching my Plex media server content with no issue, This morning I can no longer see my media server in the list of devices. I have eliminated the PC(firewall settings etc.) and the Media server setup.

Also I can no longer detect my TV using various apps such as Android based remote controls that were working yesterday also.

I have performed a factory reset on the TV and also gone through the network config and diagnostic process several times now to no avail.

I am positive this is a TV setting issue and not related to any other devices or the network.

Any help much appreciated

Dex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fixed, it was the router, just got it's knickers in a twist with the TV. Hard reboot of both router and TV fixed it. doh!

Thanks for your time and help

Dex

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

What happens when you "ping" the IP address of the TV from your PC?

You said that you have been through the network config and diagnostic to no avail - What does that mean?  Is the TV able to obtain an IP address?  Can you use the apps (ie iPlayer) on the TV?

Cheers

Yeah the IP pings and apps like netflix etc work ok, It appears the telly is on the network and able to access services external to the LAN

Any ideas?

Dex

Anonymous
Not applicable

My original idea was that the TV was not connected to the network properly.  Considering that it is, as well as other devices are on the network, I am now going on a router setting, such as uPnP (which I have to enable).  Have a look at your routers settings anyhow - but as it stands, there is no reason why it shouldnt work.

will look at this now, the thing that has confised me is that it was working ok then overnight has stopped which is what lead me to think I or someone else in the house had done something on the TV.

Thanks

Dex

After trolling through my router settings I am still convinced it is something to do with the TV, I realised that I am not getting a reply from the TV ping correctly, it is giving me destination host unreachable and returning my PC IP address.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are using wireless, what signal strength are you getting (you need approx 3bars for it to work properly).  Also if wireless, can you connect it up using an ethernet cable instead?

If "wired" ensure that the cable is connected correctly.  Does the LED light display on the router?

EDIT: Also reboot your router.

Fixed, it was the router, just got it's knickers in a twist with the TV. Hard reboot of both router and TV fixed it. doh!

Thanks for your time and help

Dex