Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-47W805A

profile.country.GB.title
tumas1
Explorer

KDL-47W805A

Hi, I have purchased this set just over a week ago and have connected to my Denon AVR2000. The sound on the television has been set to the system but for no apparent reason occasionaly switches back to the TV speakers. did a software update on installation. This can happen during a programme. 

Any suggestions please?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It sounds as if its a communication failure between TV and AV Reviever.   Is it the AVR-2000 or AVR-X2000?  As the one without the "X" is quite old now.

Does the AV receiver switch itself off?

How is it connected to your TV (using what cable/s) - try replacing the cable.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
tumas1
Explorer

HI

Its the new one only six weeks old. All settings seem to be correct but still keeps happening.

profile.country.GB.title
tumas1
Explorer

Seems to happen if I switch the AV receiver on momentarily after the television. The TV then selects it's own speakers. Obviously I don't want this to happen because I've set the TV to select the AV speakers. My old Samsung did not do this, surely if I have made a selection in the settings that should be that. On occasion the tv has just selected the tv speakers in the middle of a programme!! The software on all the equipment is up to date and I am using good quality HDMI cables. Any suggestions please?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its hard to know what to suggest.  The TV will revert back to its own internal speakers when it does not detect an audio connection (or the connection drops) - that the reason its reverting back.

On the X2000 try turning ON the HDMI Control Functions, as well as ensuring Bravia Sync is ON on the TV.

However if they are already ON, try the opposite and turn them OFF.

profile.country.GB.title
tumas1
Explorer

Tried all those things beginning to think it's the software on the TV. Yes it reverts back to the tv speakers when it does not detect the external speakers, probably because the amp takes a few seconds longer to boot sometimes. Think Sony gave got it wrong and need to amend the software so that you can only manually change the setting. It's just a niggle and annoying. Can't see Sony doing anything about just for me.