Join now - be part of our community!

kdl 50w685 subtitles and sound

kosmas81
New

kdl 50w685 subtitles and sound

I ve recently bought this tv and first of all i would like to ask if there any way to change the grey backround of the subtitles when i i play a mkv file from a hard disk. Also i ve connected the tv to a home cinema via optical wire but the sound is not multichannel at mkv files. When i play the same files from an external media player the sound is multichannel 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think I know whats going on - Do the MKV files contain the DTS audio codec?  If so, the TV cannot fully decode DTS.  DTS Core is all it can decode.  Supported Codecs : HERE

Now, as the TV supports DTS Core, which only contains 2 channel audio at a max bitrate of 1509kbps.  DTS HD contains the other channels of audio.  See picture below.

DTS Core.jpg

Try converting an MKV file using one of the supported audio codecs.  Suggested program is Handbrake : HERE

All this is assuming DTS audio is used.

Cheers

Edit: I dont think you can change the background of the subtitles on the tv.  But you could try editing the .srt file (assuming your using that and they are not hard subs).  You may need to google it for information.

kosmas81
New

Thank you for your response. I tried to change the subtitles but always the tv media player shows the grey background.