Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-55HX853 " the process was not completed and has timed out"

profile.country.en_GB.title
toppoppy
Visitor

KDL-55HX853 " the process was not completed and has timed out"

Hi. Just purchased kdl-55hx853. All intenet related features are incredibly slow and often will not respond, prompting the message "the process was not completed and has timed out". Rarely, I have had mere glimpses of BBC News, iPlayer so I know some connection exisits. Have tried both wireless and LAN connections. My download speed (Speedtest.net) is 35.97mbps so I don't think that is the issue. Running latest firmware. All suggesions gratefully received.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

Try power cycle your router and keep it of for a couple of minutes. Althoug it sounds more like it's the other end that is congested I'm afraid.

Catmambo
Contributor

Agreed, Nielsen is correct - timeouts are ususally network related as the device ( TV in this case) hasn't received a response in a timely manner from the router/network. You've tried LAN and signal response on that should be super fast, so gut feel is its a router issue. If you have a old router from your ISP (if you've been with them a long time for example) you might want to get them to replace it ( normally for free if it faulty) or check and see if there is a firmware update for the router also...

Hope this helps

AlanJB
New

Hi, Toppoppy, I offer sympathy rather than help. My KDL-32EX724 is less than a year old and does not need a firmware update, but I've been very disappointed by the poor speed of browser response. True, my broadband speed averages less than 10Mb/sec and the BBC iPlayer runs on the Sony with very few hitches. I remove my router power cable every night which (according to the above) may preempt some problems. But so far I can't see why anyone would use the Sony internet browser, even if they were desperate.