Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-55W805A problems with netflix and missing feature

Karmgahl
Explorer

KDL-55W805A problems with netflix and missing feature

Just purchased my unit and I've noticed 2 problems.

1. Netflix always hangs when i try to push exit. It just says "exiting..." and thats all that happens. Only way to get out of it is to push home button. I'm guessing some software bug or something

2. I seem to be missing [LED Dynamic Control] for picture options in advanced settings. The manual says it should be there but it isn't. Anyone got a clue as to why?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.FI.title
bjhaako
Explorer

Same problem with Netflix on the KDL-50W685A model.On exit it gets stuck while displaying "exiting.." Pressing the "Home" button takes me back to main menu though.

J-star

Exact same problem (the Netflix one) on a brand new KD-55X9005A.  A little annoying.

Karmgahl
Explorer

I have tried doing a reset to factory default as well as updating the firmware to latest (3.901) but the problem persists.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im not sure that the firmware update was supposed to resolve the issues that you have.  However unfortunately, the information about the firmware update is vague to say the least.

• Benefits and improvements:
    • Improves the Network features' performance of your TV.
Karmgahl
Explorer

Yeah vague indeed. But usually don't get any more info than that when it comes to firmwares :tongue:

Still haven't found a solution to my problems. Anyone know if sony is aware of this at all?

Granted they're minor gripes but still :slight_smile: