Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-HX923 + USB Hub ?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
julsadot
Visitor

KDL-HX923 + USB Hub ?

Anyone know if a USB hub can be used to add more USB sockets to an HX923?

Am finding more and more that I keep having to switch out devices as 2 USB ports isn't enough (especially now that I've added a hard drive)

Cheers

Jules

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
julsadot
Visitor

ok, for anyone interested, I tried a cheap (£3.50 from Tesco) 4-port USB hub, and it worked. The only caveat is that hard drives (for recording) need to be connected directly. Now I have my HD directly connected on 1 USB port, and my media hub connected to the other for 2 charging leads, skype camera and a memory card reader.

Rgds

Jules

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bravia55HX

Hi,

since no one has stepped up yet i thought i would put my point across, i have no idea if the tv's hardware will recognise a USB hub plugged in to one of the ports, the only thing i can say is try it and see, if it recognises multiple devices plugged into it then your sorted, if it dont, well.............

julsadot
Visitor

ok, for anyone interested, I tried a cheap (£3.50 from Tesco) 4-port USB hub, and it worked. The only caveat is that hard drives (for recording) need to be connected directly. Now I have my HD directly connected on 1 USB port, and my media hub connected to the other for 2 charging leads, skype camera and a memory card reader.

Rgds

Jules