Join now - be part of our community!

KDL32W654ASU wifi connectivity problems

allawee
Explorer

KDL32W654ASU wifi connectivity problems

I bought a sony KDL32W654ASU television. I absolutely love it, but I only use it as a smart tv as I have no other aerial or satellite connection. 

The tv is only few meters away from the wifi router, but it loses conmnectvity and has to be reset by unplugging the tv and leaving it for few minutes before the wifi can be reset.

It mostly happens when watching BBC iplayer. Had once also happended when watching netflex, but can't recall it happening with you tube or love film.

Is this a specific problem or part of the wider reported issue regarding BBC iplayer. The tv is only 7 days old

I am new to smart tv's so not sure if the wifi reliability is what is expected for these tv's. 

When the tv loses the wifi connectivity, I never have the problem with my mobile phone or ipad devices, so it is definitely the tv and not the router issues.

Thanks for your help

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Considering that the TV is only a couple of meters away from the router, use an ethernet cable instead to "wire" it up. It should also give a much more stable network connection as well.   At very least as a test anyhow, to see if it is indeed a wireless issue or something else

Cheers

Hi there,

I just bought a KDL-42W653 and i have EXACTLY the same problem, it happens whenever i watch netflix or iplayer. I have no idea what it is and if anyone has a solution i would like to know. Have emailed sony about it no response yet. If i cant fix it im going to have to take it back to the store as i really wanted the wirless smart functionality. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have you guys/gals looking at your ISP's forums for support - just incase it is an ISP/router issue and others may be reporting the same issues?

Just a thought really.

Cheers