Join now - be part of our community!

KDL32WD751 Wifi password character error

SOLVED
thomaskent
Explorer

KDL32WD751 Wifi password character error

Just purchased new Bravia & setup ok apart from wireless connection. Found network SSID fine but when input WEP password an error message is received stating "number of characters is invalid" I've checked many times & password is correct. Tried wired connection & that is fine. Also done software update via wired connection. Any clues what to try next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

According to the manual, you can use either WEP or WPA.

Network Setup - WPA.jpg

If it still keeps failing, how about trying the WPS setup instead - see page 10 of the manual HERE.

Cheers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Probably you are not using the same security protocol on the tv and the router... WEP is very basic are you sure you have it on your router?

thomaskent
Explorer

Thanks for your response. To clarify, the tv is requesting a "WEP Key" in the network setup whereas my router is set as WPA. I don't want to change the router to WEP as it is basic as you state. Is there a way to change the tv to WPA? Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

According to the manual, you can use either WEP or WPA.

Network Setup - WPA.jpg

If it still keeps failing, how about trying the WPS setup instead - see page 10 of the manual HERE.

Cheers

thomaskent
Explorer

Thanks for your help. There must have been some conflict between my router security protocols and those on the TV, i.e. between WEP and WPA. I have now sorted this by creating a separate SSID for the TV that has defaulted to WPA so all good. Thanks again

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool, glad you have got it working now and thanks for posting back :slight_smile:

Cheers

surzen
New

Dear Quinnicus, I have the samne problem, same TV bought about a month ago; it worked fine then suddenly stop connecting to the net, tried everything listed but still unable to connect; connection result are found, failed, failed.

i do not know what to do any more - please HELP!!!

Thank you!