Join now - be part of our community!

Kdl32we613bu 'fuzzy, swooshing' noise when sound playing

kjm1993
New

Kdl32we613bu 'fuzzy, swooshing' noise when sound playing

Hi. My TV has suddenly (I think so anyway, or I'm going crazy) developed a weird issue where whenever sound is playing, there is an audible 'fuzzy/swishing' (hard to fully describe) noise behind it. It even happens with a key sound when I press the home button on my Roku remote or navigate around the device for example. When no sound is playing, ie a pause in dialogue, I can't hear the noise.

This only seems to have developed over the last few days as I'm sure I would have noticed this before as it's loud/audible enough to distract me. It seems to have coincided with plugging in my new Roku streaming stick, but it also does the same with a Fire Stick and on regular digital TV (UK), so I'm not sure that there's much of a connection there.

I have factory reset to no avail. 

I'm well within my warranty term with the supplier, but was wondering if anyone had experienced similar before I consider getting in touch with them. Or am I going crazy and hearing something that's not there? 

Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

As you have tried a factory reset, I think it might be best to contact Sony support here.

Let us know how you get on. :slight_smile:

Best wishes,

M