Join now - be part of our community!

KDL40X3000 faulty - recall help please

profile.country.en_GB.title
Smuuudge
Visitor

KDL40X3000 faulty - recall help please

Hello, hopefully someone from Sony UK can help me.

I read recently that Sony were recalling 07/08 KDL40X3000's amongst others due to the over heating issue.

My TV has always run very hot and has allready had one fix a year ago for fan noise. This week it has started to have horizontal banding across the set and ghosting of the picture (see attached pic). This has slowly been getting worse and is now a permanent fixture (good timing with the Olympics) I believe this is also a well known fault with these sets (well discussed on the AV Forums). Can anyone tell me if my set is due for recall to be checked over please as there is obviously something wrong with it. Thanks Ben.

Message was edited by: Smuuudge

3 REPLIES 3
Smuuudge
Visitor

bump.....anyone from Sony actually reading these topics? Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Smuuudge.

Not regularly.  This is a Sony User Forum - not Sony Support.  Although some Sony staff may come here in their own time occasionally, posts are not regularly monitored by Sony.

If you go to the Support Pages for your model, you will see Sony's statement on this inspection program (it is not a recall) and how to contact Sony Support or your nearest Service Centre.  This should give you the information you need - here is the link: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-40X3000/news/inspection_programme

:thinking:

Smuuudge
Visitor

Thanks for that I will take a look!