Join now - be part of our community!

KDL42W653 - Audio System

KDL42W653 - Audio System

Hi, I have Virgin Media Tivo box linked to the above model using HDMI cable. I have audio cables between the TV and a Cyrus amp. When I switch the TV speakers to the audio system setting, I get no sound at all through the amp/speakers. If I switch the TV off and on, I get sound through the speakers for a very short time until the picture appears, then the sounds disappears again! I was wondering if I got a optical audio cable between the Tivo box and the TV it might sort the problem out? Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, or if I am doing something completely wrong!! Paul

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
gofrost

Can you connect your tivo box to your amp as hdmi supports both uncompressed audio and video so you now have 2 audio feeds into your tv this maybe the issue.Check audio settings in tv so that audio system is enabled

Thanks for your reply. The Tivo box has an optical audio out, but sadly my Cyrus amp is a bit old and doesn't, so I have bought an optical audio cable (on the way from Amazon), and hope that once I connect the Tivo to by TV using that, it might send the sound down the right channels. Who knows, but fingers crossed!

And yes, I have updated the speakers setting on the tv to audio system. Sadly at the moment, that just results in no sound at all... 😞