Join now - be part of our community!

KDL42W653a - Motionflow setting disappeared!

SOLVED
adam_cr

KDL42W653a - Motionflow setting disappeared!

HELP!

I bought myself a KDL42W653a last week and, initially, was very impressed. The first night I popped on a DVD, fiddled with the settings and found one for 'motionflow' which made the display look super fluid. At the same time, I also changed a setting for audio delay (in ms) because the audio became slightly out of sync with the picture.

Since that night, however, both options have disappeared. The image played from the DVD player is now back to 'normal' and absolutely nothing I change can get the 'motionflow' setting back. I've noticed that a number of people on the net have asked why the motionflow setting is not included on this model (despite it being a Motionflow "00hz TV!) but trust me, IT WAS THERE! It made a wonderful difference to the quality of films and now I'm pretty annoyed that it has gone. Has an erroneous system update since the night I plugged in the TV perhaps removed the option?

If anyone could help me I'd be really grateful... including Sony officials. 

148 REPLIES 148
dawiddylich

I bought my w6 tv first week after release and never EVER seen option to change motion flow settings.i even asked at sony centre and they said that this tv dont have this option.picture quality is awesome,but little dissapointed about that.i want to push this case forward.someone help
adam_cr

It was there! I was watching Life of Pi on a Sony Bluray player. I remember my other half whining at me for fiddling with the settings then being impressed when I turned the motionflow on! 

dawiddylich

i hope you are right and this is just an update issue,but on my w6 i never seen motion flow settings.remember situation in sony centre.w6 and w9 beside eachoder and w9 motion flow setting displayed clearly in menu,but in w6 nothing.
adam_cr

I've been to my Sony centre too and seen the same, and the people in there were very helpful but non-the-wiser. It was there, I was chuffed to bits with how well it worked and now I'm gutted.

oxman2k

sony,unlike the motionflow settings for this set we are not going to dissappear all you need to do is put the motionflow settings back on the set with the option to turn them on and off when needed.if you don't do this or reply to any of our posts then this issue will escalate.the set is clearly being falsely advertised as having motionflow when it doesn't..Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) goods you supply must  match their description.

profile.country.en_IE.title
redtopper1

emailed sony and rang 3 day ago and no reply,it clearly sates that the tv has  Motionflow XR 200hz,and thats why got this tv, we this cleared up now before i lose my faith in sony and move to a different brand where u actually know what u are getting

profile.country.en_IE.title
redtopper1

im going to give sony another two days to answer and then im ringing national consumer agency for help into this issue as it state on there website" Did it not fit the description given?"which it hasnt or at least we dont thing it has so come on sony sort it uot one way r another

dawiddylich

let us know what they say.i would like to see them sort this out.i will be watching this post
dsswoosh

Bump
oxman2k

adam cr.sony are saying. we can confirm with complete certainty that the KDL-42W653A does not and never did have a Motionflow setting in the menu.they think you thought led motion was motionflow.