Join now - be part of our community!

KDL42W653a - Motionflow setting disappeared!

SOLVED
adam_cr

KDL42W653a - Motionflow setting disappeared!

HELP!

I bought myself a KDL42W653a last week and, initially, was very impressed. The first night I popped on a DVD, fiddled with the settings and found one for 'motionflow' which made the display look super fluid. At the same time, I also changed a setting for audio delay (in ms) because the audio became slightly out of sync with the picture.

Since that night, however, both options have disappeared. The image played from the DVD player is now back to 'normal' and absolutely nothing I change can get the 'motionflow' setting back. I've noticed that a number of people on the net have asked why the motionflow setting is not included on this model (despite it being a Motionflow "00hz TV!) but trust me, IT WAS THERE! It made a wonderful difference to the quality of films and now I'm pretty annoyed that it has gone. Has an erroneous system update since the night I plugged in the TV perhaps removed the option?

If anyone could help me I'd be really grateful... including Sony officials. 

148 REPLIES 148
Mikey86uk
Explorer

Annoying this is, everybody asks Sony, they dont come back with a clear answer, yet on the Sony website on the product page it clearly states this TV has Motionflow XR 200Hz.

adam_cr

They're talking rubbish. I know what the LED motion setting is (and it's useless) and that's not what I'm talking about. I've had an email asking for my contact details so obviously Sony have seen this thread.

Either way, the TV is advertised as having motionflow and none of us purchasers are able to use this function.
oxman2k

adam_cr just wish you had proof m8,obviously either yourself or sony are full of it.hope you are telling the truth m8,when you say the set had motionflow what settings did it have and where was it in the menu.with the national consumer agency and trading standards we will get the truth and SONY if you have taken motionflow off you better put it back fast.

adam_cr

I wouldn't bother lying, I'd have nothing to gain from it. In fact, if I hadn't had seen the setting on my TV in the first place I'd never have even thought about it and come on here to start a post would I!

It was in the Advanced Settings menu in the picture settings, near the bottom. I can't remember exactly about the audio delay option, but I think that was in the sound settings. 

My other half saw it too, so I know I'm not going nuts.

oxman2k

sony if you don't reply to this issue with a satisfactory answer and outcome within 24hrs then this issue will be reported to trading standards and the ASA.

adam_cr

Come on, Sony. Enough is enough. We want a clear and definitive answer now or the motionflow option back in the menus. Is motion flow on these televisions and what mode needs to be activated to enable it. One more fob-off and I'm joining in with the trading standards complaints and trust me, I'll be fighting for my money back or an upgrade to a television that actually provides the features you say the W6 has. I've had Sony mobiles all my life and that'll certainly stop too if you don't start treating us customers with respect.
earlyapex
Explorer

Here is a review which states that the w653 has motionflow option called "clean" just like the w8 and w9 sets have.

Here is the extract: (in the Upscaled colour section)

"In fact it’s not a distraction at all if you employ the set’s motion processing – and that processing’s Clean setting is gentle enough to deliver de-juddering benefits without making the picture look unnatural."

Here is the full review article:

http://www.computer.co.uk/news/computer-news/review-sony-kdl-42w653a/

adam_cr

See, I KNEW I wasn't making it up! I've seen it, the other half has seen it and this reviewer saw it... and then it disappeared. Time to stop your lies, Sony.
stealthinde

Bump for SONY.

Here from Italy, just bought the W6 42" and quite disappointed.

WE know that the W6 had the Motionflow Setting and WE know that it is not comparable with the (useless) LED Motion, Sony.

Just bring it back! Thanks
stealthinde

New Upgrade .. no changes .. SONY (?)