Join now - be part of our community!

KDL46ex723 black problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
ninjaKDL46ex723
Visitor

KDL46ex723 black problems

I have a problem with my tv on dark or black scenes. It is most noticible on scenes that fade to black or that are very dark and especialy film credits. it appears that the previous image or the one that has faded never completley fades away leaving a trace on the screen which wil not go away until something brighter happens on that area. for exaple when watching credits go up the screen there will be a stream of dark white lines going up  following all the words as well. eg 2 recently watching a film where a flish light was shone in a completley dar room. when it was turned off a trace or chost of where the tourch had shone stayed on for the whole scene untill something brigh happened. this is most annoying. has anyone had this before or know how to fix and what this would be called? Image retention? ghosting?

also in the 6 months ive had my set on the left hand side of the screen a dark wide vertical line has appeard. it looks like a gap in the backlight which is odd. also either i havnt noticed before or it has just got worse but in all 4 corners of the screen even with backlight on level 2 there is a noticeable brightness difference from rest or image. like the screen glows from the corners. this is very dissapointing.

the tv has latest firmware installed.

Tags (2)
0 REPLIES 0