Join now - be part of our community!

KDL47W805A, PKG4.201EUA, Nexus 4 screen mirroring

SOLVED
BehindTheSun
Explorer

KDL47W805A, PKG4.201EUA, Nexus 4 screen mirroring

Hello, screen mirroring from my Nexus 4 to KDL47W805A all worked last week. This week it doesn't and the difference I can see is the television auto upgraded to PKG4.201EUA. Nexus previously registered successfully, now will not Register instead showing as wifi direct unsupported device.

Anyone else experiencing this change?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BehindTheSun
Explorer

Aha! Did the reset and its working now. I like my telly again. Thanks for the advice.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Interesting indeed.  I would probably advise contacting Sony support on your issue and provide them with as much information as possible, as well as stating that it did work before the firmware update.

Before you do though, it would be best to factory reset the TV as well, as it does clear any problems that "could" occur.  Add to the fact that support will request you do it as well :slight_smile:

Cheers

BehindTheSun
Explorer

Aha! Did the reset and its working now. I like my telly again. Thanks for the advice.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent - Even better !!

Have fun.

shkahal
New

Hi.
I have the same problem was my new KDL-47W807A.
How did you get the old firmware back in the tv?. I can't find it anywhere!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately you cannot "roll-back" the firmware once a newer one has been installed.  I believe the person managed to resolve this by resetting the TV back to factory default.  Give that a go anyhow.

Cheers

shkahal
New

I did that twice already.  No luck.

No bluetooth, wifi-direct or NFC to my Samsung Galaxy S3. 

Sony support was no help unfortunately. 

I don't know what to do. 

Thinking about returning my 2 tv's.

They don't live up to their promises. 

Mvh. Shamir
Anonymous
Not applicable

In regards to blutooth, the TV only supports blutooth mice not anything else.

In regards to NFC - see this lovely thread

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/Televisions/Using-NFC-between-Sony-Bravia-W905-and-Samsung-Galaxy-SII...

In regards to wifi-direct - I dont suppose you have forgotton to put the TV into either screen mirroring mode, or accessed wifi direct via the TV;s menu system?