Join now - be part of our community!

KDL50W656

profile.country.GB.title
eaextreme
Explorer

KDL50W656

Tuning tv on in home" mode instead of demo" makes the picture quality very dark and very bad.

only when using demo mode can i get a better picture and when the epop up show x reality pro" the picture is even better.

some of the  options like advanced settings" can not be accessed please tell me whats wrong with this new TV.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Nothing is wrong with yout TV (I believe), its just that certain settings might be switch ON, of which has the effect of dimming the picture quite a bit)

Try setting the TV back to HOME mode, and turn OFF the following in ECO settings

• Light Sensor : HERE
  • Power Saving : HERE

Then goto picture settings and adjust Backlight/Brightness/Contract etc to your liking : HERE

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
eaextreme
Explorer

Thanks bro will try it

profile.country.GB.title
eaextreme
Explorer

ok so turning light sensor and power saving off helps the dimming but its no where near as colourful/vibrant clear with the x reality pro on in demo mode.? any ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you looked at the picture mode settings : HERE

Also you will have to experiment with the picture settings, and it all takes time to adjust the settings according to you.  If can take time, it took me 2 weeks to adjust my TV to the way I like it.  Once done though, I would advise you write all your settings down, in case you have to re-input them again.

The shop mode is purely there for retailers ease of setting up the TV, to display pictures as vivid and bright as possible, but they arnt what you would use in the home situation.