Join now - be part of our community!

KDLNX713 and BDVE370 - No sound through TV

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
heppell2k
Visitor

KDLNX713 and BDVE370 - No sound through TV

Hi

I've got the two products mentioned above and for the last twelve months both have been singing and dancing fantastically. But I've an issue...

Today, the audio system stopped playing any sound when watching the TV. And also I have noticed that the blu ray home cinema doesn't switch off automatically when the tv is switched off.

Some things I've identified

1) when playing blurays the video and sound work beautifully through the HDMI, so video on tele and the sound coming through the surround sound.

2) HDMI device list for the tv no longer shows the home cinema audio system.

3) When selected speaker type 'audio system' as opposed to tv speaker no sound at all comes out at all.

4) When selected, freeview tv will show on screen, but no sound will play through the audio system if selected under options.

The connection between the tv and home cinema is simply a hdmi cable. As it has always been

Does anyone have any suggestions as I've tried factory reseting both with no positive result.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
heppell2k
Visitor

Quinnicus thank you for your help... I've sorted it! I started looking into HDMI ARC and then I realised that the following had happened:

- the other day it stopped working through HDMI 1

- I couldn't sort it

- today I buy a new cable and plug it into HDMI 2 on the tele as HDMI 1 is a swine to get to as the cantilever stand I have blocks easy access; the HDMI control starts working

- So I look into the ARC element... and low and behold I eventually find that it isn't available on HDMI 2

- Guess what... I make the effort to get the HDMI out of 2 and into 1... It works!!!!

So thank you for your assistance

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Make sure Control for HDMI is set to ON in regards to the system not turning off when you turn the TV off.

In regards to the others, it seems everything is linked to the fact that the TV is not picking up the HDMI connection.  Try using another HDMI port on the TV in the hope that it works.  If it does, try connecting it back again to the same HDMI port.

Hope that helps.

heppell2k
Visitor

Hi

Cheers for the response. I had checked that control for hdmi was on on both devices, but the e370 wouldnt show up under the devices. I have since purchased a new 'decent' HDMI cable. I've also connected this to HDMI 2 and I've had a little bit of success. The device now appears and the sync works, as in if i turn the tv off the home cinema goes off as well. The sound still works when playing a blu ray... but I've the same problem with the TV. It is still not playing sound through the home cinema when watching the tv even though it is set to audio system through the speakers. The interesting thing now is that it automatically went to audio system when I first turned the tv on.

I've also reset to factory settings on both the tv and home cinema to try and get this to work but still no avail. Could this be a problem with the actual tv?

heppell2k
Visitor

Quinnicus thank you for your help... I've sorted it! I started looking into HDMI ARC and then I realised that the following had happened:

- the other day it stopped working through HDMI 1

- I couldn't sort it

- today I buy a new cable and plug it into HDMI 2 on the tele as HDMI 1 is a swine to get to as the cantilever stand I have blocks easy access; the HDMI control starts working

- So I look into the ARC element... and low and behold I eventually find that it isn't available on HDMI 2

- Guess what... I make the effort to get the HDMI out of 2 and into 1... It works!!!!

So thank you for your assistance

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey hey,

well done. 

No probs.