Join now - be part of our community!

Life span of LCD screens?

New

Life span of LCD screens?

I was wandering what's the life span/life cycle of LCD flat screens? I using my LCD average 3-4 hours on day. What hours/yers of live I have to expect?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Found this interesting article that may answer your question : Here

Cheers

New

Thanks man. Interesting link, but unfortunatelly it doesn't sound good :slight_frown: This frase sounds verry irrational and disappointing to me : You're better off just buying a new TV

Mr_Onion

What does not sound good?

"Even running 24 hours a day, you're still looking at more than 10 years with a plasma till half-brightness."

Will you keep yout TV for years and years? No douby in 10 years time technonogy will have moved on and out current TV's will not work on the new technonogy. eg will a 10 yr old TV work in the UK now? Not without an external convertor it won't.

Stop worrying about it and enjoy what you have.

... and yes, most modern technonogy is not built to be repairable, be it TV, microwave, mobile phone or PC. Will you worry about your mobile phone costing more to repair than replace? No, neither would I.

New

Mr_Onion says: Stop worrying about it and enjoy what you have.

Unfortunatelly I can't enjoy. I bought KDL40 V5500 in late 2009 that i used 2-4 hours a day. I bought movable custom hang stand for it. Now (app. 6000 hours work) it needs 20 minutes to "turn on" the display and the picture is " too redish". From the authorised service tells me that the TV needs screen change for 500 euro (price for 40'' Sony LED TV). I has nothing to enjoy because there is big difference between more than 10 years and less than 4 years :anguished: