Join now - be part of our community!

Live BBC on Bravia via internet without a PC

profile.country.en_GB.title
Safarichap
Visitor

Live BBC on Bravia via internet without a PC

I have my Bravia sets connected to the internet directly, without a PC linked in.  I want to watch LIVE  BBC,ITV via the internet as my conventional signal quality is very poor.  The I-player only gives me old shows.   Is there a site for live Terestrial TV that the Bravia will work with or am I to spend the rest of my days a day behind everyone else!?  Any hints appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
drhowells
New

Hi. There is a website in the UK called www.tvcatchup.com. This site allows all UK based people to watch the freeview channels online. It is all legal and they are making big improvements all the time. I just tried all of the different addresses for the site on the Bravia for you (and I have meant to check for myself for ages :smileyhappy:)but unfortunately none of them work. The TV browser just cannot cope with the video streams........but :slight_smile:

You could get a computer or laptop and connect this to the TV. You could then access the website and display the content on the TV. Bit of a fiddle but I think it will be the only way you can do what you want.