Join now - be part of our community!

Looking for a new Sony TV

sasan.n
New

Looking for a new Sony TV

Hi,

I live in Denmark and I would like to buy a new TV for my living room.
I spent a lot of time on different TV models but I really like Sony televisions. However, I am a bit confused about my options right now :slight_smile:
I was thinking about one of these models:
KDL-55W805B
KDL-55W828B
KDL-55W955B 
KD-55X8505B 

I heard that the X series are entry models for 4K technology and they are not that good (yet), and W9 series are not that perfect (although newer versions than W8). 
And i know the fact that 4K televisions are not exceptionally different than full-hd televisions (to the naked eye). 
Could anyone please help me about this? i really need some technical information about my choices. is there any models that someone recognizes or recommends between these models? or perhaps any advice for me?
Regards
Sasan

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
hcr_hassen

The W8 are practically the same. Sony claims there's a difference in motion interpolation features (if you have any use for this), but I'm yet find any conrete info to tell what that difference is.

The W9 has a wider stand, an IPS panel instead of VA (better viewing angles, worse blacks), passive 3D instead of active, and maybe other differences: http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/kdl55w955b-201403103661.htm

If you don't need 3D, W7 should be practically the same as a W8 without 3D. The input lag, for games, is slightly lower than the W8. The LCD panels are slightly different, but I'm not sure there's a difference in practice. I've read here someone saying there's no motion interpolation on his W7xxB, but there is on mine (not a UK model), so maybe it differs per region.

sasan.n
New

Great! thanks a lot for your help :slight_smile: