Join now - be part of our community!

Lovefilm not working on kdl40ex503

profile.country.en_GB.title
Veldon
Visitor

Lovefilm not working on kdl40ex503

Hey,

Hope someone can help me here...

Got the Lovefilm free trial for a month last week and have been trying to get this to work on my kdl40ex503 ever since - go into the app and there is never any items. tried unlinking and relinking many, many times.

Got the trial to see if it was worth dropping my netflix account in favour of lovefilm - after finding out that netflix isn't coming to my tv.

any ideas?

Cheers.

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Firstly, when you are linking the account to the Sony TV, are you doing it through the website:

http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

As you must register to this site, and register your TV as well first.

Oh, and secondly, if you have, sometimes it does take a little while. But if you get no items when going into lovefilm, try pressing the "option" button on your remote control, and it should bring up a menu, with a categories menu (which lists all the genres available)

Hope that helps

Message was edited by: Quinnicus

Veldon
Visitor

Hello again... still no joy with this.

Unlinked the Lovefilm account.

Unlinked the TV from the essentials account (it wouldn't let me transfer it to a SEN account).

Linked the TV in SEN.

Linked Lovefilm in SEN.

Waited two days...

Anything else I can try?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, lets take this back a step.

1 - Can you please confirm that you can watch Lovefilm movies on your PC/Laptop via your web-browser? If so, goto 2.

2 - When you log into your Lovefilm account via your PC/Laptop, goto "Your Account" and then scroll down and find "My Devices" and click on "Manage all sites and applications linked to my account". In their, you should see your Sony TV listed.

3 - If you cannot see your Sony TV listed, its have not linked. If you see multiple instances of it, remove all devices and relink it again (see second set of instructions). If you have 1 Sony TV listed, goto 4.

4 - On your Bravia TV, can you ensure that the internet has been setup on it correctly. Maybe test BBC iPlayer, or 5OD. If they dont work, your TV needs to be connected to the internet. If it does work, goto 5

5 - When clicking on the Lovefilm icon, via the TV, what actually happens. Is there any error messages. Do you have any icons in there at all? Is there an error message stating "There are no items in this service"

1 - Log into www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and remove the link to lovefilm in the premium services section. then log out.

2 - Log into www.lovefilm.co.uk and delete the bravia tv's from the devices section and then log out.

3 - Relog back into www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and reactivate the link to lovefilm, baring in mind that a popup window will appear for lovefilm. So you must activate the popups or temporarily disable any popup blocker you may have.

Hope this helps.

Veldon
Visitor

Thanks for gettign back Quinnicus...

1. Yup can watch on the PC and XBox no problems.

2. Yes it's there.

3. n/a

4. Internet is fine - youtube, iplayer, 5live all work OK, as does streaming over my network.

5. Just displays one "box" with a yellow question mark. Says something on the lines of (I'm at work at the sec) "there are currently no items, please try again later". Selecting refresh or categories displays the same message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhhh..

Thats that horrible stupid message. Im all tooooooo familiar with. I had that message a while ago you see and a few times. I contacted Lovefilm, who passed the buck to Sony, who passed the buck passed back to Lovefilm leaving me in the middle.

I have found that if I did the following (in the second part of the instructions) all works fine a day later. also see

http:///www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/811261/

Good Luck

Veldon
Visitor

I give up... have been trying for days. Cancelling the lovefim sub and putting a black mark against Sony - something thats included as a "plus" for a tv shouldn't be this much of a hassle to sort out.

Catmambo
Contributor

Have you updated the firmware on the TV? Make sure you have the latest version and then also try running a factory reset and see if that makes a difference?

thanks

Veldon
Visitor

Hi Catmambo,

Have tried a factory reset - pretty sure the firmware is up to date, but, I'll check this evening when I get home from work.

Ta.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im sorry that nothing has worked for you. Im all outta ideas.

I do hope you get it working though. If you manage to, any chance you can post the resolution.

Cheers.