Join now - be part of our community!

Lovefilm not working on kdl40ex503

profile.country.en_GB.title
Veldon
Visitor

Lovefilm not working on kdl40ex503

Hey,

Hope someone can help me here...

Got the Lovefilm free trial for a month last week and have been trying to get this to work on my kdl40ex503 ever since - go into the app and there is never any items. tried unlinking and relinking many, many times.

Got the trial to see if it was worth dropping my netflix account in favour of lovefilm - after finding out that netflix isn't coming to my tv.

any ideas?

Cheers.

11 REPLIES 11
Veldon
Visitor

Had another go with this over the weekend...

Checked the firnware, and it's up-to-date.

Did another factory reset.

No change, it still doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Cheers Quinnicus - if I get anywhere I will def post the solution.

Catmambo
Contributor

Right, there must be a soloution for this, but we need to work out where the error lies.

Lets try a few things.

• Can you share a picture of the error screen? It sounds like Lovefilm isn't recognising your TV
  • I've just logged into my SEN account management page and it offers me the option to enable Lovefilm, then transfers me through to Lovefilm to sign into their page which is where the product handshake happens. What happens when you click through that process?
  • If you registered it previously with essentials, it may be because it hasn't been transferred to the new SEN platform and its effectively locked in Essentials. I'm pretty sure you can ring SEN and give them the MAC addres of the unit and they will then scrub any links/connections off their system, allowing you to register again. Basically the same process as if someone had bought a TV second hand and wanted to unlink the previous owners details.

Let us know how you get on - but I think this is simply a registration issue somewhere..

Thanks