Join now - be part of our community!

Miracast & BRAVIA KDL-32EX723

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
dohouch
New

Miracast & BRAVIA KDL-32EX723

I own a Nexus 7 tablet and a BRAVIA KDL-32EX723.  The next update of Android, ( to 4.2) sometime after 13 November will include "Miracast" which is an agreed standard for the wifi transmission  of multimedia.

Question: As I will need a wifi dongle for TV, which one or will anyone work with my Sony?

BRAVIA KDL-32EX723,SONY BDVE280
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.FR.title
ClarkLong
Expert

HIgh end Bravia 2013 will support miracast.

But you can also buy a dongle that is made by netgear that support miracast to miror your phone screen of any TV

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Interesting, I've just been reading the wikipedia article on Miracast. AFAIK, none of the present Sony devices are Miracast certified, indeed there seems to be only 1 TV globally that is actually certified at present. Sure this will change. But nothing to communicate at the moment I'm afraid.

Thanks

profile.country.en_IE.title
dohouch
New

No chance of a WiFi adapter that would understand Nexus 7 Miracast and also feed the Sony Tv with digestable data???

BRAVIA KDL-32EX723,SONY BDVE280
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bradiow
Visitor

Yes come on Sony bring out a WiFi adapter for miracast - get with the times!!!!!!

profile.country.FR.title
ClarkLong
Expert

HIgh end Bravia 2013 will support miracast.

But you can also buy a dongle that is made by netgear that support miracast to miror your phone screen of any TV