Join now - be part of our community!

Missing widgets: Netflix, iPlayer etc. on KDL-42W805A

Explorer

Missing widgets: Netflix, iPlayer etc. on KDL-42W805A

I have had limited success with using my TVs interactive functions, I primarily use Netflix and iPlayer but more often then not when I switch the TV and press the SEN button I am presented with a sparse menu consisting of the Sony Interactive widgets, web browser and a couple of others but Netflix, Crackle and other widgets are nowhere to be seen.

-I am connected via LAN
- Network settings shows that I have an Internet connection
- I have tried refreshing Internet content, resetting to factory settings, switching off router and TV from the power plug; none of these seem to help

I am occasionally able to access the widgets but it all appears t be a bit random, can anyone shed a little light on what could be a problem and if there is anything else that I can try?

Has anyone else experienced these issues with their Bravia??
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just to inform you that there is a thread (topic) already created about this, See : http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/Televisions/Sony-KDL42W653a-Apps-Issue/td-p/1310628

Many people seem to be effected by this.  However Sony are fully aware of the issue and are working towards resolving it.

You can click the "me too" button at the end of the first post.  This gives Sony some indication on how wide spread this issue is.

Cheers.

Annes123
Explorer

We have had this as an ongoing issue for 2 weeks. We have lost all the apps except the Sony apps. We signed up to lovefilm downloads as it was an option for this tv, we haven't watched a film yet where it hasn't stopped mid film, froze completely and had to be restarted. We followed the instructions to reset the tele to the factory settings and lost all the apps. We spent a lot of money on this tv, and now it won't do as advertised any suggestions?
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi there 80169269,

Welcome to the Community and really sorry to hear that you have been experiencing problems.

As Quinnicus has stated, Sony are aware that there have been issues and are looking into it, so we will give you more information as soon as we have it.

Many thanks,

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
LaurieK
Explorer

Hi,

just bought a KDL-42W805A apps there fist day, then absent, or they do not work. Not what you expect with a new tv! I hope Sony sort it out or i will take it back. Nice to kow that others are in the same boat and this community exists.

Laurie

SimonB89
Explorer

Same problem here. Been doing it on and off for the last couple of days. EXTREMELY annoying!

Explorer

Hi Quniccus,

Thank you for directing me to this post, I hope Sony comes up for a fix for this soon as from the replies it looks like there are a lot of frustrated customers out there.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Mutti69s
New

App Store is missing