KDL55HX823

KDL55HX825

Thanks

Gideon

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
seboyad

Hi,

I'm pretty sure the last number is to do with the type of tuner.  Specific for each region.

The specs otherwise should be pretty similar unless local Sony divisions request otherwise.  You just have to buy the one for your region, else you won't pick up any transmissions 🙂

The 0 is USA

The 3 is UK

The 5 is Europe mainland

I'm sure one of the Sony bods will be along to confirm/deny.

HTH

gideonsacher
Visitor

Hi

Thanks for your answer.

I am not sure this is correct as in Israel (the place I live) we mostly have the 0 models, and we are not compatible with USA broadcasting (NTSC). Moreover, we are compatible with UK and Germany that sell the 3 and 5 models, respectively....(In Israel it is PAL as well)

I am quite cofused

I am considering buying the 3 model or the 5 model and use it in Israel, and want to make sure they will work 100%/

Thanks

Gideon

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

I'd speak to good reliable local dealer and he will be best placed to advise on local compatibility. Two most important things are the power requirements locally - e.g. if you plug an imported US TV into a UK mains socket, the extra voltage would wreck it, and secondly what you are going to be connecting to the device in terms of digital TV tuners, satellite or cable. If you are wanting to use the integrated digital tv tuner this may not be compatible with local broadcast standards if you are using an imported TV...

Thus I would recommend getting advice from a local reputable dealer first just to make sure..

Hope this helps