Join now - be part of our community!

Motionflow Kdl55w805a

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
naiqbal34
Explorer

Motionflow Kdl55w805a

Hi all

I have turned motionflow off on the TV, when watching movies I still see the soap opera effect. I am very disappointed after paying nearly £1000 for the TV that I can not enjoy watching
movies. Is there a problem with my TV that when I switch off motionflow it does not display movies as it should do. I need your support urgently,

Thanking all in advance

Najeeb
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Turning off MottionFlow should prevent any type of motion interpolation and therefore no of Soap Opera Effect.  If you set MotionFlow to Cinema, it should reproduce the same frame rate of the movie (ie 24fps) - Could try that?  Combined with Scene Select and Picture Mode as Cinema/Cinema 1

If you have experimented with the settings and are still not happy, I would suggest contacting Sony Support : HERE

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try setting:

Scene = Cinema

Picture Mode = Cinema 1

And see how that goes. Personally I like MotionFlow = Clear :slight_smile:

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
naiqbal34
Explorer

Thank you for your reply.
I have tried all different settings,
Scene select cinema, picture mode, cinema, tried all motionflow settings but picture still appears as soap opera effect, is there any way to remove soap opera effect on this model.
Thanking all in advance.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Turning off MottionFlow should prevent any type of motion interpolation and therefore no of Soap Opera Effect.  If you set MotionFlow to Cinema, it should reproduce the same frame rate of the movie (ie 24fps) - Could try that?  Combined with Scene Select and Picture Mode as Cinema/Cinema 1

If you have experimented with the settings and are still not happy, I would suggest contacting Sony Support : HERE

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
naiqbal34
Explorer

As suggested I have sent Sony support an email.

Many thanks