Join now - be part of our community!

My KDL-32L4000 dies & comes back & dies again!

SOLVED

My KDL-32L4000 dies & comes back & dies again!

My Sony Bravia LCD worked fine till yesterday, when it suddenly made a sound like that of a bulb going dead, and the screen became dark grey, no sound, dead,except that the green light stayed on. It did not respond to remote control. After unplugging it and leaving it unplugged for a few minutes, I plugged it back in and it worked. Then the exact sequence repeated several times, with ever shorter periods of functioning (cca 30'). WHY?? WHAT'S GOING ON?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the TV connected to a surge protector?  If so, try removing it, as it could be the surge protector is faulty?

Normally if the TV is faulty, the green light will turn red, and blink in a pattern.  So, im wondering if its electrics that all.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Do you get any red lights on the TV?  Either way though, you need to contact an authorised Sony Repair Centre to get this looked at, as it appears to be a hardware fault.  See HERE

Cheers

Thanks Quinnicus. No red lights, but the "on" green light remains lit. After unpluging and replugging it works absolutely normally ...until it stops again with a little pop sound.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the TV connected to a surge protector?  If so, try removing it, as it could be the surge protector is faulty?

Normally if the TV is faulty, the green light will turn red, and blink in a pattern.  So, im wondering if its electrics that all.

Hi again. Before reading your reply, when I got home tonight, I plugged the tv in another socket of the multi-socket extention lead (with surge protector), and so far - it's been over twohours now - no "pop", no temporary death! I have zero knowledge of eletrics, but does it make any sense that one socket should cause damage, and another next to it, not? Anyway, fingers crossed, maybe it's all fine from now on. I had already started looking online for another tv set (most unwelcome expense right now!)