Join now - be part of our community!

My KDL42W829 USED to connect to Playstation 4 through remote

Citizenbb
New

My KDL42W829 USED to connect to Playstation 4 through remote

I used to be able to use my KDL42W829 to control my Playstation for DVD playback and start up etc, but since a recent update on the TV I'm unable to use this facility.

I want to be able to turn the PS4 on, and navigate and play a DVD using the TV remote control, I know this is possible as I used to be able to do it. Has anyone else has this problem, do you know how I can firx it, and can anyone confirm what the settings need to be on the TV and PS4?

Cheers

BB

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Try resetting (set off and on again) the Bravia Sync options both on TV and PS4, it should work as you state (at least for switching on and off, I don't have one and don't know about the play/stop support)

Citizenbb
New

I’ve tried this, and even restored to Factory settings, it’s just completely weird. I just stopped doing it.

I used to be able to go to External Setting in the App menu, select PS4 and that would turn it on with the TV remote, then I could navigate the PS menus and functions through the remote control. It’s incredibly frustrating that this has stopped working.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The correct way should be using the "sync menu" button in the remote and selecting the PS4 device. Do you see it in the list? 

PS I've a W8 2013 but it should be very similar