Join now - be part of our community!

My KDL52EX700 is now turning on & off at intervals minutes apart

My KDL52EX700 is now turning on & off at intervals minutes apart

I have a monster surge protect with a KDL52EX700 & an xbox 360, amp plugged into it. I added the amp & 360 to the surge today, but I am unsure if this is related but now my 52EX700 will completely go black w/no sound. The green LED status light remains on during this outage, I have never upgraded the firmware but don't see how this could be the issue as I have had uninterrupted performance since purchase several years back.

Thank you for reading this & if you have any advice please let me know!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Not knowing your particular setup fully - you might be overloading the power circuit.  Try unplugging everything - then just plug the TV in and see if that works.  If that works, slowly add another piece of equipment and test each time. 

Upgrading the firmware is generally a good idea as well :slight_smile:

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply! We've unplugged amp/xbox, leaving the original plugs in.  My girlfriend was home all day & the updated report is that the issue continued to the degree that it started to flicker twice in a minute, still random intervals, eventually a "no signal" appeared as if the HDMI was unplugged.. I fear for the worst. Should I at least try replacing HDMI cables? How likely could it be cable box?

Cheers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ahhh, I think I understand now, from your original post, and with your followup.

The "No Signal" message is to do with your aerial cable/reception.  Have a look at your cable to see if its in good working order (ie not falling to bits).  Also have a look at the signal strength and signal quality when this happens. Try replacing this cable with a better one (with shielding preferably)

Also, go to the following website, enter your post code, and if your local transmitter has any problems, hopefully it will be displayed.

http://www.ukfree.tv/starthere.php

If you have an aerial on the roof - ensure that it is not clogged up with leaves or any debris (especially this time of year).

It could also be due to 4G interference - See website below, as you might be entitled to a free filter.

https://at800.tv/

Hope that helps.