Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix Motionflow and general RGB calibration question... 40" HX853

profile.country.GB.title
squarejawhero
New

Netflix Motionflow and general RGB calibration question... 40" HX853

Hi there,

Trying to figure out two issues I have with my new Bravia -

1) Netflix has no options to calibrate the picture at all, including turning off the Motionflow or even accessing any picture options whatsoever. I've heard tell of an Internet TV option somewhere but I can't find it - mainly for Youtube.

2) Out of the box my Bravia has an issue with accentuating blue tones over everything else. As there's no RGB calibration anywhere I'm having a tough time trying to fix it - if anyone has any suggestions, please do, otherwise I might have to swap it for a new one. Which would be a shame because out of this the picture is great! Naturally because I can't calibrate the Netflix picture it really affects it there.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
squarejawhero
New

Guess I'll answer my own question re Netflix - a helpful member suggested entering Youtube from SEN, playing a video and adjusting picture options there. And blammo - no Motionflow on Netflix.

Still wrestling with a purple screen though.

profile.country.en_GB.title
slteh7
Visitor

How did you do that?!! Even when I log in from Youtube using the SEN button, I can't get to the picture options. Do you remember what sequence of buttons you used? (Normally to get to the motion flow options, I hit "home," then choose "settings" - but when you hit "home" in an internet application it goes back to the regular TV channels.)

profile.country.GB.title
squarejawhero
New

You can't do it from the menu's or settings. Play any video in full screen and press option then, BLAMMO. :wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
slteh7
Visitor

Thank you!! Just FYI for any others viewing this thread...I also discovered that the option button will bring up this menu after all when you are viewing the main menu in netflix (before you select a video to play).