Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix not working

SOLVED
macgers77
New

Netflix not working

I have just purchased a new Sony KDL-46W905A today.  I cannot get the Netflix app to connect.  I click on app and it gives me error NW4-8.  I have been in contact with Netflix and they can't even sort it.  Internet is fine - just can't connect to Netflix servers.  Has anyone any ideas it's driving me nuts

178 REPLIES 178
profile.country.GB.title
bw444976

How will phoning the ISP up fix the issue for the guy who has 1 sony tv
wher netflix works and a 2nd Sony TV where it wont???????
profile.country.GB.title
Filding
Explorer

I have absolutley no idea. I just closed browser and switched off laptop.

DiKing
Explorer

Hey Guys Just spent the whole day trying to get netflix working and getting exact same error... wish I'd seen these posts earlier tothis morning!  I just unpacked the 46 inch W9 and it's been a frustrating day... tempted to return it due to main reason to get it was for netflix.  Thanks to all for the info on the thread, will keep across it and complain as well to sony!  

CeeGeeEss

Two options for the response I think:

1) "Sonia, you're having a giraffe".

or

2) a couple of choice words in Anglo Saxon.

At what point do so many people get naffed off that the reputational damage actually prompts them into real action. We should post on every review forum / shopping site / blog / twitter / etc our issues. If they are paying any attention to social media analytics maybe they will eventually get the message.(Or not).

profile.country.GB.title
Filding
Explorer

Contacted netflix yesterday one more time.

Todays morning someone fom California phoned me, said they know the problem and they are working on it. Asked me to take pictures of 3 screens from my telly and send them it over to him. 

And now we have weekend so all code writers are off, both the sony and the netflix ones.

I am too tired of this.

I dont know why sony is loosing market.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

I understand that many of you are getting fed up, especially with the many questions being asked.  The questions asked are designed (I hope) to gather as much information as possible to determine if there is a likely trend - or something that is easily to spot.  They can be very helpful to an engineer, especially if they cannot easily re-produce the fault in the testing environments. 

I can assure you that Sony are aware that there is an issue. 

Cheers.

profile.country.GB.title
bw444976

I'm quite willing to let an engineer come and visit my house to see the
issue on my new TV. 6 weeks without being able to use one of the main apps
is no good. In the meantime the tv has dropped in price 300 pounds. And in
fact one of my colleagues got the 50 inch 905 for 660 from the sony outlet
due to them messing up on pricing that's nearly 800 pounds cheaper
Siberian63
Explorer

If Sony are aware of this issue, they have not shared this with retailers or their own support technicians. I purchased a Sony KDL46W905a from John Lewis, but specified it had to be able to connect to Netflix and this was confirmed. Delivered 30/04/14. It is the only app that doesn't work! I wasted a day speaking to, and emailing, several support staff. None seemed aware of this issue. I provided screen shots, full data referred to before, updated software (direct to TV) etc. Can connect, wired and wirelessly using other devices in the same room, so could not see how it could be my internet connection. Still, followed directions to reboot my router (*2), performed a factory reset etc. Confirmed download speed 4.9 - 6 Mb/s Ended up contacting both my internet provider and Netflix, no further forward. Found this thread at the top of a goggle search. In my view, Sony are in breach of the Sale of Goods Act, at least for customers who were assured of Netflix functionality. Either correct the issue or supply a replacement functional model. Frustrating. Awaiting replies to 4 emails, sent over the last few days. Can any 46W905a connect to Netflix in the UK or elsewhere? If anyone has any luck, please let me know.

Sony - I am also happy for an engineer to visit, preferably with a functioning replacement TV, to exchange if he cannot sort the issue.
profile.country.GB.title
fatedsea
Explorer

hi there I'm having the same problem on my kdl55w805a so it is not confined to just the 905s
Siberian63
Explorer

Does anyone know if the KDL 46W905a can connect to Netflix anywhere in the UK? I have not yet received an answer from Sony.