Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix not working

SOLVED
macgers77
New

Netflix not working

I have just purchased a new Sony KDL-46W905A today.  I cannot get the Netflix app to connect.  I click on app and it gives me error NW4-8.  I have been in contact with Netflix and they can't even sort it.  Internet is fine - just can't connect to Netflix servers.  Has anyone any ideas it's driving me nuts

178 REPLIES 178
profile.country.GB.title
Filding
Explorer

I am just thinking why we are "loyal customers" and why it's taking ages to fix it?

Did sony put into last tellys a new IC chipsets that are completley not compatble with netflix platform?

Or maybe it is time to change programmers for the one from Korea or India?

And no clear answer what is going on. 

...sony blaming netflix, netflix  ISP and sony......and back again.

It looks like WE- customers made the worst decision by buying this products with no support at all.

SONY died together with TRINITRON.

I can not explain this whole situation at all to myself and the worst thing is that it drives me mad.

Packard
Explorer

Bought w905 3 weeks ago (great picture -turned the colour down a notch-sound not bad) but can't get Netflix - keeps showing fault code nw-4-8 tried everything Sony suggested. Stores w905 demonstrator picked up Netflix with no problem but mine plugged into their network just showed nw-4-8. They refunded me and I bought another w905 from them but this still shows the same nw-4-8 ! Their demonstrator is about 12 mths old my first w905 was manufactured March 2014 the 2nd April 2014 so the faults in the later 2014 tv,s. I'm going to give Sony a couple of weeks to acknowledge the fault is in the set and to offer a fix
profile.country.GB.title
Filding
Explorer

It looks like SONY got more other problems than try to fix netflix issue.

:dizzy:

Have you tried connecting via Facebook

BrixtonNick
Explorer

Ive just bought Bravia KDL-55W905A and same problem.

Registered device with SEN.

Exchanged for a new TV after two days and still same issue. Updated latest software.

ISP is Virgin who gave me lots to do but nothing worked. I tried resetting router/IP address change. New DNS settings.

Netflix could not advise me either.

Cant get past nw-4-8 error message.

I have emailed Sony but its the weekend and no one is home, Not very helpful for people who work fulltime and you would need to considering the price of the tv!

I'm noy impressed at all 😞

Has anyone managed to fix their tv netflix app yet ot heard from Sony?

Siberian63
Explorer

Update. TV received 30th April - reported issue same day by phone. Same run around as everyone else, 17 point questionnaire (one screenshot sent 3 times before receipt confirmed), firmware update, factory reset, contacted Netflix and ISP. Unnecessarily replaced router etc. Support staff seemed unaware of the wider issue. I found this page at the top of a google search. Brought it to the attention if the sony support rep. Finally escalated to"the relevant dept" after 9 days and as more than one person affected, they would investigate. This took ~twice daily emails. I had been led to believe that would happen at the start. Still awaiting a call from an engineer. A lot of time wasted. Purchased in part because a 1998 100Hz Wega Triniton still worked well. Surprisingly this page no longer is in the top results of a google search. Surely the reputation damage of this level of service will do nothing to help the companies present problems. Spoke to John Lewis customer service; very helpful and a world apart, will accept set back. Will give it a little longer.
profile.country.GB.title
bw444976

As ive said before we need to het this visable on the twitter page. They
seem more responsive there as it is a customer facing and public website.
We need to get a relevant hash tag. Anyone think of a good one maybe
#BuySonyGetNoNetflix
CeeGeeEss

FWIW I posted on twitter @Sony and @Whathifi. The hashtag I used on Whathifi was #Sonydoesnotcare. Probably needs to be more specific to the Netflix issue I   admit but having got to over a week with no response from Sony following the Spanish inquisition of information they required (and I sent) I'm very unimpressed with their lack of interest or feedback.

chris181174

i also have been messaging @sonyuk with no reply so i also will add @whathifi to my messages they are responding to other tweets but not the NW-4-8 code seriously slow at sorting this problem out !!!

Siberian63
Explorer

John Lewis offered exchange or refund. Concerned the former would be pointless.
Passing Sony Centre in Newcastle today.
Called in. Reassured Netflix worked on the 46W905a - in fact the sales person had connected to Netflix 2 days ago.
Asked for a demo - failed repeatedly with the NW-4-8 error code. From all I have seen this is a persistent, not intermittent, failure.
Sony are guilty of mis- representation and mis-selling.
The support offered so far has been very poor and time consuming.
I previously had been a loyal customer.

If anyone is tech savvy, I understand it is possible to get this page back up in top search results.
I am not into social media (sorry!), but agree as much publicity as possible can't hurt.