Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix on KDL 48R553C

profile.country.GB.title
hotellima
Explorer

Netflix on KDL 48R553C

For a fortnight (no sys or network configuration changed), Netflix will not stream on a KDL48R553C (non-Android). The Netflix app loads fine, but any title generates an error message "We're having trouble playing this title at the moment. Please try again later or select a different title" [error code: tvq-pm-100 (5.6.1)] about ten seconds in. It happens for all users and all titles. 

• Netflix customer service confirms there are no issues with the account on their end. Using Netflix on other devices on the same network (AppleTV, laptop, etc.) works fine, so there seems to be no Netflix or IP address issue. 
  • "Check your network" test is successful, and reaches the servers and establish a decent (HD+) connection. There are no proxies or similar in use (all other devices streams fine). There are no IP address conflicts. We are alone on the 2.4/5GHz channels used. Other apps on TV (e.g. YouTube) streams fine.
  • Reloading Netflix has been tried. Also resetting the user details.
  • Hard reset to factory settings has been done.
  • TV system software is updated (both auto-update as well as manually via USB). A successful installation is confirmed.
  • Unplugging the TV to empty cache has been done with each attempt on above.
  • Calling Sony support is quite futile. "Oh, I don't have a clue then. Can I call you back?" And they never call back. They did encourage us to update to the firmware just released (which doesn't solve the problem) via email. 

I must say connectivity and software of recent Sony products are below industry standard. Sad to see that the iconic brand still doesn't get what the tech industry for the last twenty years has been about. 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @hotellima, welcome to the Community.

I've heard of this issue resulting from the audio settings. Have you tried toggling between 'surround' and 'stereo' to see if that changes anything?

Just a thought :thinking:

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
hotellima
Explorer

The TV does not have a surround setting but a dual mode. Toggled A/B/Stereo

Toggled dynamic range (compression/standard) in TV.

Toggled also audio settings in Netflix (various language options/5.1)

No change.