Join now - be part of our community!

network issues, tv or router needs fix?

profile.country.fr_FR.title
Zazou92
Visitor

network issues, tv or router needs fix?

Hi all,

I have a bravia KDL-55HX850 linked to a netgear router via an ethernet cable (more accurately the router is a numericable box, i understood that's netgear who builds the router). On the router I also plugged a synology NAS, DS710+.

The internet connection seems ok when checked from the TV. The issues are that past a few seconds, when I access some web content, I lose the internet connexion.

Same thing with the NAS> Past a few pics, I lose the connexion to it. It then reappears on the TV and I would be connected again to the NAS past 30 seconds.

Such is that I can not access my pics or web content on the Bravia TV.

What do u think I should do? The TV is updating overnight and it has the last firmware on it?

Shall I call the reseller, telling him the network adapter is crapped?

Kind regards,

Xavier

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Sounds to me like the router is goosed if you are loosing connections across multiple devices.. Maybe get it replaced by your ISP. Netgear are normally pretty good, so maybe its just unlucky..

thanks

Zazou92
Visitor

it is only the TV that's losing connections to the web or the NAS. My notebook doesn't

profile.country.uk_UA.title
solsky
New

Unbelievable, how Sony-staff answered question,

to Sony-staff : "please report this problem to technical department,

could be fixed by firmware update".

KDL-55HX850 and KDL-40EX653  new model 2012.

same problem here, KDL-40EX653 with Asus router RT-N56U.

My laptop and desktop-computer stay OK on Wi-Fi connection,

only Sony TV  losing connection.

Thank you.

Zazou92
Visitor

Firmware is automatically updated, i have the last one already.

Could it be that you need to specify some firewall settings on the router?

Catmambo
Contributor

Ahh sorry, I mis-understood. You could try running a factory reset on the device as that will normally flush any software glitches. If the TV keeps dropping connection though, get it booked into you local service centre. You are presumably still under warranty, so shouldn't be a cost to get it looked at.

Thanks

daveraver
Visitor

I have a similar problem. I have a new 2012 KDL46HX853. BBC Iplayer and other internet services keep on dropping out. It also cant see my synology NAS drive on my network. I have read every post on the subject and tried everything and feel very unhappy that i may have to get in a professionals to get it to work. . I have two other laptops and two Samsung networked tvs that are having no problems. Am really regretting my purchase right now.

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi Daveraver - how are you connecting your TV to the Internet? Wi-Fi/Ethernet/Homeplug ?Have you updated the firmware and run a reset also?

I also run a Synology NAS on my network and have never had an issue with drop outs, so we need to try and isolate the issue here as the TV's normally just stay connected without any kind of drop out.

Thanks