Join now - be part of our community!

New telly KDL42W829BBU and BBC iplayer

SOLVED
Archaepon
Explorer

New telly KDL42W829BBU and BBC iplayer

Hi all. I have bought the above telly and had it a few days now. I managed to set it up and watch the terrestial broadcasts immediately as I could with BBC iplayer; I watched a few minutes of Eastenders!

However, I fiddled; I updated content thinking that like all computers updates were best to have! From that moment on iplayer would not load.

I ahve tried the advice given on here about previous problems with iplayer. There is a message displayed on loading iplayer: " Internet browser will be closed due to internal problem"

I have now:

Unplugged the telly > rebooted the router > plugged telly in and rebooted that: No change.

Done the above again then updated content. Again the iplayer fault message is displayed.

I have now used an ethernet connection to eliminate the vagaries of any wi fi signal. Did all of the above again: nothing, iplayer would not load.

I have a Blu Ray BDP-SS6200 and this loads and plays BBC iplayer immaculately using wifi, seamlessly in fact! So I 'know' that it is not iplayer but something in the telly that is 'wrong'.

Any ideas out there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have moved your post to the TV section of the forums, and have removed your other post as this one has alot more information.

To Confirm:

• iPlayer is not working on the TV
  • You have connected an ethernet cable, with no effect.
  • You have updated the firmware on the tv, with no effect.
  • Can you confirm that other applications are working (ie YouTube)

I believe that this problem cropped up before and was solved by performing a factory reset of the TV.  Can you try doing that?

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have moved your post to the TV section of the forums, and have removed your other post as this one has alot more information.

To Confirm:

• iPlayer is not working on the TV
  • You have connected an ethernet cable, with no effect.
  • You have updated the firmware on the tv, with no effect.
  • Can you confirm that other applications are working (ie YouTube)

I believe that this problem cropped up before and was solved by performing a factory reset of the TV.  Can you try doing that?

Cheers

Archaepon
Explorer

I have done a full factory reset and now have all apps working. I was nervous of doing this for some reason but it worked! I had nothing saved and no subscriptions set up so......faint heart fair maiden etc. Fixed!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great - Im glad it worked !!

I know, the first time doing a factory reset - I was also unsure and thinking "power please dont go out" - but it does seem to cure loads of problems - just gotta input all your settings again (ie picture settings) - Hint ; Write them down and store them for later!

Cheers.