Join now - be part of our community!

No more Home Theater Control on Sony Bravia Tv

profile.country.GB.title
SukhSagoo
New

No more Home Theater Control on Sony Bravia Tv

Hi.... I have a KDL42W705BBU TV & DAV DZ330 Home Theater. Everything was working fine. I was able to use my TV remote to use the Sync Feature and access the Home Theater as a sound output. Today an error came up on my TV saying it cannot use the Sync Feature.... 

I have tried to reset the setting on both the Home Theater and TV. Turned the power off and left for hours to return home and switch back on hoping to would work. Nothing. 

Previously it didn't work with the HDMI wire so i also used an optical cord to transmit the sound. Which I think it sound transmit through the HDMI - didn't bother me as it worked.

Now I have to manually switch the Home Theater on, select TV on the device and it plays the sound from both the TV and Home Theater simultaneously....

I hope some one could help me out, as I really enjoyed used the Bravia Sync Feature. Simple click on the remote (Sync Menu) then click Use Audio System for Audio Output.... and it worked a treat. Now it's just blanked.

I would really appreciate your help and knowledge.

Thank you peeps

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Lucychops
Explorer

Do not know the answer to your particular problem but on of the main reasons for lack of sync feature or a communication problem with a device ie sound bar etc is due to a a device connected to a hdmi port not being CEC certified  such as android box which can cause no end of problems. If u have a device connected such as this get rid if poss remove all hdmi leads power off tv and hold down power button on tv for 20 secs to discharge and then reconnect all should be well and sync may well work agin same solution if a communication problem with Netflix and  any network porous power off and discharge

cheers