Join now - be part of our community!

No sound if i try and use audio system speakers

profile.country.en_GB.title
biglad67
Visitor

No sound if i try and use audio system speakers

Its driving me mad i still cant get any sound from the sony bravia KDL- 40EX524 when i connect the red and white leads from the back of the tv to the in on my pioneer hi fi using the DAT/VIDEO INPUT in connectors, please see attachments, i have set the sound settings as advised:

-          Press “Home” on the remote commander.

-          Navigate to “Settings” from the bottom list.

-          Choose “Sound

-          Navigate to “Speakers” and press “Enter”

-          Please make sure it is set to “Audio system

In addition, this issue might be related to settings related to the digital audio output. Please check the following settings

-          Press “Home” on the remote commander.

-          Navigate to “Settings” from the bottom list.

-          Choose “Sound

-          Navigate to “Digital Audio out” and press “Enter”

-          Please make sure it is set to “Auto” or “PCM” according to the following link:

but still nothing happens only a buzzing noise , can anyone help???

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.FR.title
ClarkLong
Expert

hehe sorry to say that but...it's normal!

From the blurry pic, I can tell that you are connecting the componant audio RCA in to the audio RCA video in of your amp. You wil never get any sound. :wink:

You have to use the audio out of the TV that is a minijack input on your TV. So you need a minijack to RCA stereo cable.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

in the top left hand corner of picture 2 there is what appears to be a Digital optical input covered with a plastic plug. suggest a Digital Optical cable from your tv to your Pioneer and using same settings for speakers to Audio system and selecting the appropriate input on the Amp should work.