Join now - be part of our community!

Obscured screen problem KDL-40W4000

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Nscbramley
Visitor

Obscured screen problem KDL-40W4000

On my one year old Sony Bravia KDL-40W4000 yesterday developed an irritation - the semi-translucent bar at the rope of the screen now mains visible permanently with HDMI showing - it now obscures people's heads.  This only happens when you switch to HDMI and not on any of the other options such as TV or DVD.  I have tried the various settings and just can't seem to get it to disappear.  This is very annoying!?  Does anyone have any ideas how I can get this header bar to disappear.  Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I found that a very similar iritation was cured by getting the other hdmi box to control the Sony television.

Ensure both boxes (in my case a KDL-40W4000 and a Sony Freeview HDD) are switched off.   Power up the television... and then power up the other box and wait for them to sync.  The second hdmi device takes control of the television... no irritating grey banner.

hope this helps.

Andy 

nb When you power off the television, make sure you power off the other box as well...

View solution in original post

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It's not that complex: just push the info button (left up) on the remote till it disappear. You normally should push it twice since it has 3 modes: source info (the gray bar), clock (on the left down corner) and none.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I found that a very similar iritation was cured by getting the other hdmi box to control the Sony television.

Ensure both boxes (in my case a KDL-40W4000 and a Sony Freeview HDD) are switched off.   Power up the television... and then power up the other box and wait for them to sync.  The second hdmi device takes control of the television... no irritating grey banner.

hope this helps.

Andy 

nb When you power off the television, make sure you power off the other box as well...

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It's not that complex: just push the info button (left up) on the remote till it disappear. You normally should push it twice since it has 3 modes: source info (the gray bar), clock (on the left down corner) and none.