Join now - be part of our community!

organizing favourites

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
annettecooling
New

organizing favourites

KDL-40EX403 Bravia.

The telly is for the oldies really, so i'm trying to make it easy for them to understand.

Essentally we have a sky box and the pc connected (with a blu ray possibly coming)

So, because i'm trying to set it up for the not-so-technically-minded, i'm trying to set it up so that the main items are used in the favourites so they don't have to go seaching through the home menu.

so, Sky box: easy, as will be the blu ray and iplayer.

Photos, music and vids from the pc, not so much.

When I try to save a "folder", and then access it through favourites, it doesn't find anything. Go back through home and it's all there, so i assume it's a bit of a flaw in the system. My alternative is to save the 3 main buttons (media player) buttons on it. Would be ok, even if it means pressing a couple of extra buttons, but they have the same icon which can lead to a bit of confusion.

Al of which leads to my 2 questions:

1. Can i save folders somehow in favourites?

2. can i personalize the icons or names of the favourites? For instance rename hdmi1 and 2 to Sky and Blu-ray?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

1) Unfortunately not - but some good streaming software like Serviio will make it a lot easier to navigate anyway.

2) Yes you can - Home>Settings>external inputs>av presets and there you can edit the labels either with presets or write your own.

Hope this helps.

Message was edited by: Catmambo

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

1) Unfortunately not - but some good streaming software like Serviio will make it a lot easier to navigate anyway.

2) Yes you can - Home>Settings>external inputs>av presets and there you can edit the labels either with presets or write your own.

Hope this helps.

Message was edited by: Catmambo