Join now - be part of our community!

picture quality on KDL 32W705B

Wgjacks
Explorer

picture quality on KDL 32W705B

The picture mode on my set keeps jumping back to Vivid, even after changing it to Standard or Custome. It happends regualry about 5-10 mins after making the change and is really annoying, Does anyone have suggestions about what I can do?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

That would be extremly annoying.  A couple of things to suggest here.

1. Ensure that you have not set "Scene Select" to Auto - as this will automatically change settings based on the content you are viewing and what the TV thinks is best.  See HERE
  2. When adjusting the picture settings, and you want the same settings on all sources (i.e Freeview, HDMI connected devices etc), ensure that "Target Input" is set to "Common" - See HERE

Cheers

Wgjacks
Explorer

Thanks for your reply. Just cheked -  I have have 'common' on settings and also 'general' on scene select

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I guess this issue has not always been the case?  I think the easiest solution is the first two steps in the troubleshooting process:

1. Ensure that you have the latest firmware installed - see HERE
  2. Perform a factory reset of your TV (you will need to re-input all custom picture settings etc - so advise writing them down before hand) - see HERE

Cheers

Wgjacks
Explorer

Thanks for your help here. I haven't always had this problem and have spent a lot of time now going through all the setting. I found a lot of 'auto' settings which i switched off, including the auto sync. Somehow i have managed to fix it. I'm guesing the auto setting were overriding the manual ones.

However the suggestion to update the firmware has now identified another problem. I have several times downloaded the appropriate file following Sony's instructions but when transferring to my set via USB keep getting the message 'Newer version not detected, please remove USB'.

I have checked the formatting of the USB ( PAT 32). I have tried unzipping the downloaded file as well as leaving upzipped. Any suggestions out there?