Join now - be part of our community!

Pixel overdrive artifacts on W654

profile.country.en_GB.title
hcr_hassen

Pixel overdrive artifacts on W654

Another disappointment with the W654 is pixel overdrive artifacts. When dark objects move over a gray background, there's a white motion trail. It happens in other cases as well, but generally limited to when mid-brightness colors are involved.

Here's a shot showing a milder example of the problem (not from a Sony monitor):

http://www.blurbusters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/tracefree100-1024x256.png

I noticed that it's more prominent in 24Hz mode than 60Hz. Any idea why that is, if it's just the pixel response?

Is this problem present in all Sony TVs? 

12 REPLIES 12
hcr_hassen

Yeah, for obvious reasons I'm trying to avoid customer support as much as possible, but no other options left now. :slight_smile: The UK contact form didn't work on two browsers, but luckily the one in the Irish site does work.

I'll post my findings.

In the meantime, thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your the second person in a week that has said that the online form failed to work - even in multiple browsers.  I reported this, and all come back "fine".  Is there any other information that you know of, error message etc?  As there have also been others over a period of time too.

Cheers.

hcr_hassen

It happened on Firefox 26 and Chrome 31. When pressing "send" the page changes to show an animated "working/sending" ring, and never progresses beyond that. If I recall, on FF (or it might have been a third browser), the animated ring was distorted. I didn't check to see if there were Javascript errors.

BTW, the first reply from customer support has been even worse than I expected. There's this current CS trend of repeating what you asked in the first sentence of the reply. In this case the CS rep is so non-technical that the word "overdrive" was enough to throw him off. His first sentence ended up being gibberish that's not even syntactically valid English. 😞