Join now - be part of our community!

Playing rendered file via USB on Bravia

profile.country.BE.title
Fireblader

Playing rendered file via USB on Bravia

Hi all,

I'm rendering home movies using Sony Vegas. Unfortunately I haven't been able to render it to a format which my TV (Bravia 46EX711) recognizes.

I have rendered both using the Divx and XVid codec, but without success.

The TV finds the file, but when trying to play it, it says the media can't be played.

Other Divx or XVid movies do play on the Bravia, so there must be some (hidden) setting of my rendered

file which is not OK for the Bravia.

I have compared both files (working and my rendered file) using GSpot, but don't see the difference.

I have checked the firmware of the Bravia and it's on the latest version.

Any ideas?

Thanks

PS: I post on the British forum, as here is much more activity then on the Belgian one.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
Batfinkk

Hi

Couple of options - stream it over DLNA via Homestream www.sony.co.uk/homestream in its current state - the sofware will manage the rendering on the fly. Alternatively, use the AVCHD setting in Vegas as this should work

Hope this helps - happy Christmas

profile.country.BE.title
Fireblader

Ofcourse streaming is an option, but this is want I want to avoid doing.

Tried the AVCHD render template in Vegas, but this didn't help. File still won't play.

When I render the file using the Divx codec, and then compare the file in GSpot with a Divx file that does

play, I don't see any difference. So I have no idea what the problem is. Also the Bravia doesn't exactly give

an ellaborate error message.

Any other ideas?

profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

Check out your chosen audio codec also. Sony is not supporting many different audio codecs either, and you didn't mention wich one you use as a part of the Vegas template.

profile.country.BE.title
Fireblader

Well in order to exclude a possible audio problem, I rendered the file without audio.