Join now - be part of our community!

Power Cable KDL-40HX753

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
paglanv60
Visitor

Power Cable KDL-40HX753

Is the power cable fixed to the sony KDL-40HX753?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

ok, well some models where the cable fits it goes behind a small plastic plate usually held in place by a small screw, you could remove the screw and plate and see if theres a kettle type plug behind it, then you can remove this and feed thru the hole and plug it back in, but this only applies to some models.

failing that its a case of removing the plug, and for that i suggest calling sony support and check that you can without affecting the warranty, personally i cannot se a problem with that.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bravia55HX

Hi,

you need to be a litle more specific as to your reasoning for this as its likely you will invalidate any warranty messing around with this.

paglanv60
Visitor

I want to hide the power cable by feeding it through a small hole but I will either have to cut a larger hole to fit the plug through or cut the plug off and re attached the other side unless the power cable can be removed from the back of the KDL-40HX753? I do not want to attempt to remove it pull too hard and break it!

Bravia55HX

ok, well some models where the cable fits it goes behind a small plastic plate usually held in place by a small screw, you could remove the screw and plate and see if theres a kettle type plug behind it, then you can remove this and feed thru the hole and plug it back in, but this only applies to some models.

failing that its a case of removing the plug, and for that i suggest calling sony support and check that you can without affecting the warranty, personally i cannot se a problem with that.

paglanv60
Visitor

Thanks for the help!