Join now - be part of our community!

Problem getting Sony 3D Experience

profile.country.en_GB.title
barryjamesr
Visitor

Problem getting Sony 3D Experience

When I go to Bravia Internet Video and choose the 3D icon I get a message "To enjoy this 3D service, you must have : 3D capable Sony HDTV and 3D capability turned on."

I have tried disconnecting all the cables from the TV switched it of and even reset to factory defaults and still I get the message.  iplayer Utube and all the other icons take me to their content but the 3D icon does not.  Can anybody suggest something I can try.  I have checked the firmware is the latest edition and my broadband speed is good.  When I bought the TV I viewed the 3D experience with no problem but last week when I went to demonstrate it to a friend it would not connect.  I had changed nothing although the TV had downloaded updates.

Please has anyone else got this problem?  and or a possible solution.

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi - have you tried the usual firmware update and factory reset? That usually flushes any softweare glitches.

Thanks

barryjamesr
Visitor

Yes I have tried unplugging everything,  setting factory defaults and still no joy.  I have the latest firmware and good download speed.  I got the tv in April and the demo 3D videos worked fine. All the other demos and iplayer etc work fine still, just no 3D. The only thing I can think that got changed is the tv self updates and possibly the latest firmware has a glitch.  Its like the tv doesn't know its a 3D set! Hence the message I keep getting.

BR