Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with streaming lovefilm on sony smp n200

profile.country.en_GB.title
Toddy1306
Visitor

Problem with streaming lovefilm on sony smp n200

Hi I am having a nightmare streaming films from Lovefilm, keeps stopping (looks like its buffering but it's not) I have to re start the film and ff to the bit where it stopped it then plays okay but blow me it then stops again....about 5 times with the film I'm trying to watch now.

5 REPLIES 5
cbs777
Visitor

Hi there. I have exactly the same problem as you. Its so frustrating you're in a middle of a film and it just stops. You have to start again and fast forward to the last point. I sold my SMP n200 and brought a sony blu-ray player S185 but I am having exactly the same problems. I also have a sony internet enabled tv and I am getting the same problem. It doesn't seem to matter whether you're on wifi or ethernet cable. I'm sure this is a SONY problem but do not know how to rectify it. I have 50mps broadband connection.Pls help someone!!

Regards, Clifford

Message was edited by: cbs777

Message was edited by: cbs777

LOVEFiLMCS
Visitor

Hi both,

Could I ask you to drop us a line at support@lovefilm.com so we can investigate this further for you?

Thanks

GREGBOULTON
Visitor

Sane problem exactly and talktalk say my fibre-optic broadband is working properly-must be a Sony or LOVEFILM issue.

Convergence
Visitor

Hi All, I would advise you try a couple of tests from your PC

1.  from command prompt so a tracert www.bbc.co.uk this will return ping results from points between you and the BBC server, it may show errors, if you can post the answer here I coul dadvise.

2.  Use the iPlayer diagnosis tool http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/diagnostics it will do streaming tests, not data and appears to show if there are problems doing streaming.

Sorry to say no matter how fast your connection is, does not mean you get trouble free streaming

Anonymous
Not applicable