Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with using DLNA controller (iPad and Android) with SMP-N200

profile.country.GB.title
jowrigh71
New

Problem with using DLNA controller (iPad and Android) with SMP-N200

I have bought an SMP-N200 network media player which works fine for simple DLNA access to my Linux server for music. However, it only works is I use the remote control provided with the box, not if I try and use a DLNA controller AP from my iPad or my Samsum Galaxy SIII. Everything looks good (media palyer recognised as a renderer, controller recognised by the SMP as an allowed controller, server conencted to both the SMP and the controller APP), but failure message received on controller AP on selecting a track to play. I have tried several controller APs and they all work on my Bravia TVs, but not on the SMP. One of the APPs shows SetAVITransportURI failed (code: 714) on trying to play a track to the SMP. Just changing the renderer to a Bravia TV, and the track plays correctly on that TV. Anyone got any idea what is wrong?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
koj1888
Visitor

Hi just wondering if you got this sorted as i am having same problem. Everything was working fine until i changed router. the 200 will play files from network drive ok if i use it directly. It will also play files when phone set as source but will not play if network drive selected as source via phone. I know i should suspect router settings but can't think what to change.